1) Caustic, corrosive, and flammable reagents are to be stored in an approved chemical safety cabinet
2) Purchase reagents in break-resistant bottles.
3) Use the utmost care in moving these reagents. Transport one bottle at a time and support the bottle by both the base and the carrier or neck.
4) Place larger bottles into safety carrier even to just lift to the counter. The carrier will protect the bottle if accidentally bumped against the counter edge.
5) Decant carefully to prevent contamination of the bottle exterior.
6) Reagents must be transferred to containers labeled with contents, hazard warnings, date, and technicianÕs initials (if reagent is to be used immediately, the label needs only the state chemical name).
7) Replace cap tightly and return bottle to proper storage location.